The USAID Building Economic Sustainability through Tourism Project (USAID/BEST) is seeking a Tourism Human Resources and Industry Development Specialist who will be responsible for building the capacity of human resources across all major sectors of the tourism industry to ensure excellent standards of service, and improve the quality of enterprises for a distinguished experience.
The person appointed will be responsible to work with public and private sector stakeholders to support the development of national capacity-building programs and initiatives and to raise awareness of the importance of professional standards at all levels of the industry. She/he will also support the deployment of a professional certification program (Pathways to Professionalism) at registered hotels in Jordan, and install standards in education and training at institutional level.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management, Hospitality Management, Tourism Management or other related fields.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably at international hotel and tourism companies or in related project management institutions.
• Skilled in report writing and presenting quantitative and qualitative data.
• Ability to work independently with limited oversight and under considerable time constraints. Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work both internally and externally with public and private sector stakeholders.
• Fluency in both English and Arabic.
Interested, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org